ATJAN WILD ISLANDS LTD (“Átjan Wild Islands”) is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not pass your information on to 3rd parties for marketing or sales purposes. All information is kept securely and can only be accessed by us. We do not use personal information to make automated decisions.
We never collect or process your personal information such as:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Health or mortality
- Sex life or sexual orientation
When you register on our website to receive more information about, or to book, our festivals, races or other events, or sign up for the newsletter, we ask for some personal information about you. This might consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to provide you with the services you have requested.
Please note that sometimes on particular web pages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. Asking for your next of kin & their contact details, or if you’re paying a deposit or making a booking).
Átjan Wild Islands will use your personal information for a number of uses including, but not exclusively, for the following:
- Administrative purposes, which means that Atjan Wild Islands may contact you for reasons related to the service you have requested e.g. extra information required for a workshop or your clothes size for hire kit
- To analyse and improve the services offered e.g. ask for post trip feedback
- To keep you updated of special offers and general information via our enewsletter
- We use “cookies” to store and collect information regarding your usage of the website. Cookies are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive, or in your browser memory, when you visit our website. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies, session and persistent. Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for longer periods of time typically up to 3 months. Átjan Wild Islands's website may use both types of cookies.
- To provide or offer to you our Services, it is sometimes necessary for us to collect and process certain personal information (“Data”), including some or all of the following: name, address, date of birth, gender, email addresses and/or phone numbers, IP addresses, web-browser details, operating system details, your activities on the Site, your personal preferences relating to the Services and/or other relevant information. The Data will be stored together with any additional information you may provide to us, and will be used to provide you with, and to improve, the Services. Also from time to time we and/or our trusted partners may contact you with offers that may interest you and/or to inform you of other products and services. All Data is processed by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and we will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary.
- The Data is stored on our servers or those of third-party storage service providers. We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business which may involve the transfer of certain divisions or assets of our company to other parties, and Data, where relevant, may be transferred to such third parties. Additionally, from time to time we may transfer Data to locations outside the European Economic Area, some of which may have different data protection laws to the UK or the EU, or no data protection laws. In all such cases, we transmit such information only to entities that comply with this policy and applicable law.
- We may use ‘cookies’ while you access the Site to avoid the need to re-enter details on different occasions. Cookies are also used to collect general usage and volume statistical information. We may use local “shared objects”, also known as “Flash” cookies. Examples of other reasons include:
- enabling us to recognise your device so that you don't have to give the same information to us several times;
- recognising that you may already have given a username and/or password; and/or,
- measuring how you are using the Site, to make the Site easier to use and to ensure sufficient capacity for quick delivery.
- Please note you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of Data or to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Data.
If you would like to, you can submit a user access request, also known as a ‘Subject Access Request’ (or SAR), and we will then provide the following information free of charge within 30 days of receiving your SAR:
- What personal information pertaining to the user is being processed
- Why this information is being processed
- Who has access to this personal information about the user
- How this personal information is being used in automated decisions
- What processes are using this information
Atjan Wild Islands Ltd
3 Albert Place
+44 (0) 7376799354